PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BATUS no more? Tell us your stories.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2021, 14:20
trim it out

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Nigerian Expat Outlaw
I did 2 Medicine Man exercises and was subsequently posted to BATUS on the permanent staff for nearly 3 years. My eldest son was born in Medicine Hat hospital and had to be registered as Canadian by the hospital for his birth certificate used as proof in order to register him as British with our authorities in Ottawa. Dual nationality.

So many memories, almost all good. Watching the video of Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson played on the back wall of the Assiniboine Inn (aka Sin Bin) while a massive brawl was in progress.
The barman asking my 8 month pregnant wife to leave the Swan Inn as she was under 21, but telling me I could stay and finish my beer while she waited in the car (the look on her face was priceless).
Seeing a tank squadron commander write a cheque for £4 million to pay for a tank with a distorted hull (the RBJ couldn't do a 360) after he'd gotten lost and ran over a rock in the DRES area across the Jenner Highway.
Having a barbecue on Christmas Day with an OAT of -25 while the neighbours watched dumbfounded.

And many more !

NEO
I was close to leaving the Army and wanting to settle in Canada after 6 months on the safety staff in BATUS.

Will the AT in Oman be anywhere near as good as what Canada offered?!