PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista Flightmatic 204-FP
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2021, 22:56
CaptainSquelch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I'm assuming those VORs aren't marked with designators, otherwise you would have said so. If, as suggested, the SE one is Garston, I'm struggling to think what other VOR is northwest of that, and with an NDB in between.

Presumably there's a scale on the chart - roughly how far apart are the two VORs ?
Unfortunately there is no scale anywhere indicated. Tomorrow I'll time the flight from overhead one of the VORs to the other and see if I can figure out the distance.

As for the frequencies, the selected frequency they work on can be changed by rotating the wheel with the numbers relative to the wheel with the contacts. There are just three working contacts on the Mhz wheel (now set at 108, 110 and 112) and two on the decimals (now at .05 and .25). So if I'd change the 108.25 VOR to 108.40 the other VOR changes with it from 112.25 to 112.40 and the ILS from 110.05 to 110.20. The same goes for the Mhz selector.

All in all I am not sure that it is a copy from the real world. It could well be a 'just for the simulator world'.

Last edited by CaptainSquelch; 24th Nov 2021 at 23:10.