PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2021, 23:43
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Moonwalker,

no, I do not take it personal, why should I? Actually, the less qualified pilots Netjets is able to find, the better for us here, because the company will have to increase our salaries and conditions.

Have you read the posts of the last few days? Yes, your starting salary will be 58k. But you will probably make another 15k to 30k extra from block hours, that's something that you need to factor into the equation. And as you won't pay any local tax in quite a few countries, comparing net salaries is also okay. Example: when you start with Air Hamburg on a large cabin aircraft, living in Germany, you'll make a net salary of about 27k EUR per year. With NJE you will end up with at least 31k EUR. That's 4.000 EUR more while possibly having a better life-style. And now add a yearly block hour bonus of 15k EUR, you will take a good chunk of that home, too.

By all means, if you don't like the salary and if it is of utmost importance, then NJE won't be for you. I do agree with that! But I do not think that we are grossly underpaid. Or have you seen captains on Phenom 300s who make in excess of 140k per year, gross?