PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2021, 13:05
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by happyjack
Salary maybe OK for a low hour youngish guy looking for the next 30+ years in aviation? The issue is that it's the same deal for an ex Falcon 900 Captain (for example) with thousands of hours and aged 45. He would be staring in the face at forever RHS and just at the age when he should be earning decent money, simply is not as his future potential years fade away all too quickly.
Yes, I absolutely agree with that. NJE is probably not for "advanced captains trying to make a career". You have to be realistic and look at an upgrade only after 7 to 10 years, depending on how the company is doing. At the moment we are growing, most of our FOs will be upgraded within the next 2 years (or so), but should there be a dip in the economy next year or the year after, this will change again. After all, this is aviation! You know, I know, we all know it. Anything can happen. Last year me and 100+ crew members and many from the office were at the receiving end, because somebody panicked and thought that he could run this company like a regular legacy airline. It wasn't nice, it was drama. Luckily many of us crew are back.

Originally Posted by happyjack
...when you should be in Command earning the highest salary you have ever seen you are stuck RHS on little more than a handling agent deal and your potential for making it up later with any future earnings disappearing fast?
Hmmm, handling agents earn 80k a year? Where!?