PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2021, 12:32
happyjack

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts
Salary maybe OK for a low hour youngish guy looking for the next 30+ years in aviation? The issue is that it's the same deal for an ex Falcon 900 Captain (for example) with thousands of hours and aged 45. He would be staring in the face at forever RHS and just at the age when he should be earning decent money, simply is not as his future potential years fade away all too quickly.
From my experience trying to end up with a reasonable job lot out of aviation is really not that easy. Many job losses and periods of unemployment plus the never ending demand to finance an employers training liabilities! I will give NJE credit for that one. But rather than seeing a job as a job what about the whole game plan? How does this fit with family, home ownership, raising children, quality of life and most importantly retirement if at an age when you should be in Command earning the highest salary you have ever seen you are stuck RHS on little more than a handling agent deal and your potential for making it up later with any future earnings disappearing fast? In that regard it is not even a reasonable deal unless you want to be poor your entire life!
Additionally If you find yourself out of work mid 50*s your career is done. No-one will be employing you! The next NJE layoffs will affect many of these.
What I am trying to say is see the whole picture, not just the job for tomorrow unless you are young.

Last edited by happyjack; 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:48.