PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2021, 18:58
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sonicguy
"elsewhere you will" well actually not really, never paid a type rating in 20 years + career.

There's a general feeling among NJE pilots that outside NJE conditions are not good, roster being the first argument, but in fact not really, you find better packages, in terms of salary, vacation, pension plans, and even roster.
Exemption of course, if you want to live in Aberdeen or Malaga, chances are that your best option is NJE, but in the major European cities you can find better gigs. And yes, I am an ex NJE and loved it for the most part, colleagues is real asset, there's a great atmosphere among crews.
Roster is stable, but the trade-off is salary below average standard and no decent pension plan still...you can't have it all! Job security? Well in our industry forget about job security and not better at NJE, look at what happened a few months ago...
Hi, that's great for you and all the others who had the privilege to jump to other jobs and types without being asked to invest any money. I don't want to and don't need to defend NJE. It's nice to hear from all of you that there's a world outside Netjets that offers decent and even better conditions! From what we hear from other ex-NJE drivers, many - not all! - of them are jumping from one employer/owner to another. I would not enjoy that, I can tell you. What is all the money of world good for, if you regularly have to fear about your contract.
Yes, last year was (another) dark chapter of this company and I myself was directly affected by it. Luckily it all turned around after a few months and we are all back in our jobs with our old salaries, types and vacation. In general, though, I will still say that job security is rather high with NJE, compared to many other employers on the European market. Again, it is great to hear that there are great contracts out there and that you guys were able to secure them. All is good.