PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2021, 18:46
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klimax
What makes you say that in Business Aviation you pay for your own type rating? Most serious, and thereīs more than NJE that fits that description, donīt make you pay for your type rating - the company will likely make you sign a training bond, but thatīs it. Even VistaJet doesnīt make you pay for your type rating. Of course there are the bottom feeder companies that everybody will escape at first opportunity. The starting salary in NJE is low, the 2nd year jump to higher salary is still not impressive, and thatīs just the way it is. But, as itīs been said, there plenty of other good reasons to go for NJE as an employer, salary is not one of them.
I know enough companies that will make you pay for an almost useless Citation-rating (on the market), or similar types. You may be able to negotiate your way out of it. At least in Netjets and Vista you know the deal beforehand.
I don't think that 70 to 80k is a "low" wage for the first 2 years. Don't forget that in quite a few countries you won't pay any additional tax on top of the tax at source in Portugal. You really need to compare net salaries in this case, not solely the gross pay. And you also need to have a look where you can find jobs, realistically. BA? Forget it. I just had a look at Condor at PPJN: 66.4k starting salary and a bit of overtime pay. That's less than Netjets, after tax. Or ASL Airlines Belgium: 43.8k in the first year, then 59.8k in the second year. As well much less than NJE. Air Hamburg: 36k to 42k starting salary, depending on fleet. THAT is low. The list goes on.

No, at Netjets you won't be bathing in money. Your motivation should be to come here for the lifestyle and on top of it the money is quite okay. The variable income can be up to 30k or 40k extra per year, don't forget this! Extra work required, though. As a captain it is easy to make 150k to 200k a year, with all the bonuses and a bit of extra work.