PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2021, 21:43
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am far from devaluing Ryanair for MAG Group they are THE major client , what I am saying is that T3 at Manchester is simply unsuited to their, yes vast operations and what's more MAG and Ryanair know it ! For Ryanair the practical purpose of T3 is runway proximity; they couldn't care less about the terminal infrastructure to be honest.

RYR/EZY in their many guises are massive for MAG a magnitude more so than BA Regional alone ever were . However returning to T3 - BA/AY/IB/CX/QR/AT and possibly AA along with CTA flights and domestics just seem to work and yes a few RYR and EZY CTA/domestic would fill the gap.

EZY seem happy at T1 . Many more carriers will move to T2 and the planned expansion must happen and Ryanair can use T1 along with EZY.

BTW we aren't far apart or even reading a different hymn book .

I think we both agree that T3 infrastructure doesn't work today and cramming a quart into pint pot amplifies the terminals design and foot print constraints .

As for towing again happens at just about every airport inconvenient perhaps but so be it - I think your hint is MAN ground handlers might object to a bit of ACTUAL work , the same bodies that find diversions and adhoc operations rather more than a chore . Now that's not guys on the field ( far too lean) more rather middle management oh and under bidding on contracts.

As for Vueiling and Orly well I think the market to Paris is well covered with EZY/AF and even Ryanair into Beauvais right now.

Going on to FlyBe2 concentrating on BHX would make more economic sense rather the returning to the mirroring of twin hubs - That crippled them and BA Regional before them . Flying Scotland/Belfast and Southampton to Europe via both Manchester and Birmingham just didn't work !
Choose one, consolidate and if possible dominate as a boutique carrier .

Last edited by Rutan16; 21st Nov 2021 at 13:37.