PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inquest - Corporal Jonathan Bayliss RAF
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2021, 09:34
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Nutloose -

"... if you subvert the outcome, then your safety regime is not fit for purpose, ..."
Thank you. ... I wish more folks realised this basic tenet.

Exrigger
"Pity the MOD wiggle out of being charged ..."
Useful link that.... Last I heard, it was called 'Crown Immunity' which officially got you off almost everything that was officially crooked.

Known risk of being 'done' for corporate manslaughter would easily explain MoD's determination to lie about multiple Service fatalities (as rambled about regularly on PPRuNe) and in the book "Breaking the Military Covenant - Who Speaks for the Dead ?"

The problem seems to be that corporate subversion and corporate wiggling have been going on for at least twenty seven years (Mull Chinook in 1994) so it would now take a miracle to cut out the collective institutional infection.

'Wiggling' does not even come close. If you can control the entire system you don't need to wiggle. Corporate Mutual Insurance Company - of Whitehall, London.

Let's see how brave Madam Acting Senior Coroner feels on Friday 3rd December .... If she wants to be confirmed in post ?

Dare I wonder if this might be an opportunity for a turning point, towards a bit of old fashioned honesty ?

LFH ....

NB - Chugalug - I am reliably guessing that the "VSO Risk Register" is still in force (unamended since 1994) but is only made available to Two * and above who qualify for life membership of CoMIC (of Whitehall.)

Last edited by Lordflasheart; 20th Nov 2021 at 10:44. Reason: clarity