PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2021, 12:57
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think thats unreasonable to have 1 gate and to compromise the hundreds of Narrowbody, Regional Jets and Turboprops that operate at MAN for 3 daily A380s? With this kind of demand only one or two gates make sense and the current A380 user has their own lounge at T1, so I can see why it was not a priority. I can't quite see from the pictures online, can the A380 be boarded from M2L and U1L at the same time at MAN? It looks like the angles might not work, but that might be the photos I have seen. It might not be such a big issue, its all Economy on the lower deck, which I hadn't realised. Even in the two-class version Business is a the rear of the upper deck, so the big seats never have to glimpse the masses trudging through their cabin. It looks like EK have configured the aircraft to suit airport layouts, rather than a more conventional layout like SQ and BA chose.

Is there any thoughts at present on the T1/T3 situation? As I understand it T3 itself is closed, but some of the gate area are used for Domestic flights? In truth I do think the Check-In, Security and Concourse areas of T3 have seen better days and (were) quite short of space for the number of FR 737s that used it, but the gate areas are pretty acceptable.