PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 17th Nov 2021, 23:27
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
Folks,
Please check your facts, the proposed ID requirements to vote DO NOT require photo ID -- indeed they only require the broadest test, almost anything with your name on it --- and if you can't even do that, you "self declare" and the system will check up in arrears. Nobody will be denied a vote, on the day, by this legislation.

And I do know, from personal experience, that the old Labor adage: "Vote early and vote often" is not just a cute saying, any more than "getting out the graveyard vote".

And anybody who thinks a Labor Government, beholden to the Greens to get anything through, will be good for aviation, are you kidding?? Go read the Green's web site, or any of their Senators, than tell me aviation (especially GA) has ANY future under the Green's Climate Change hysteria.

Tootle pip!!
The point is that the laws are NOT required. This is just a cynical, trumpian load of BS that the arch liar Morrisson has pulled out of his a-se because for someone who didn't want the job, who put his arm around his former leader and said "this is my leader and I'm ambitious for him" then 24 hours later stabbed him in the back and took his job, he knows he's about as welcome as a fart in a space suit right now so the little scumbag will leave nothing, no stone unturned and will not fear to cross any moral barrier to keep his grubby, happy-clappy and speaking in tongues, bum in the seat.

Nothing to do with photo ID or the lack of it. This bastard would have to be the worst PM in our history, all politicians lie but for him it's an art form, he often lies about what he said in the following sentence. When he knows it, he walks away and refuses to answer. For a so-called 'Christian', this bloke is the most amoral person I've seen in that job in my lifetime. Worse than McMahon and that's saying something.

Like in the US, these laws are a solution to a different problem. Wanting to make it as difficult as possible for the people they don't want to vote, to vote. Wait for the queues down the street in May before you say people won't be denied the right to vote.

No one, not even someone as sneaky as John Howard felt the need to go this low.

AND, no one is under any illusion that the ALP would be better for aviation, but rather that in their interest to get elected, taking on Glen's case for political gain could work in Glen's favour.