PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standards
Thread: Standards
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2021, 13:30
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Helpful Stacker
It was an absolutely fantastic day, it felt very different this year to many previous ones.

I was privileged to once again parade with the RAF Servicing Commando & Tactical Supply Wing Association. Yes it's a mouthful and too much seemingly for the Duke of Cambridge's sidekick, who described us as "......& Tactical Wing Supply...". To be fair, as a rotary pilot, it was obvious from his look he knew his AdeC was incorrect.

By the front, bimble.....

Once again, post-parade, we retired to our birthplace/drinking establishment on Whitehall, paid our due reverence to Group Captain Craven-Griffiths and were, as always, joined by many fine folks from the Royal Yacht Service (who also use the same venue).
Indeed. I must admit the RBL did really lose the plot on planning for entry to Horse Guards this year. To call it farcical was an understatement. I had walked from the Mall with an older veteran whom was not impressed, said "Sod this, I will sit down nearer the front and wait there." I was busy talking by that time from mates that were with the Harrier Farce Association. Afterwards it was a lovely meal in the RAF Club.