PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2021, 08:51
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
Tatooing would definitely be against human rights so bad example. And yes obviously a company has to act within the law, that's a no brainer. But unless you actually infringe on an employees rights or discriminate against them you can do anything within the stated contract. I think you need to have a good read of the reasoning behind why mandated flu shot requirements were upheld, which is what I based my comments on. One, there was finding that no human rights were infringed, two there was no discrimination as its a discretionary choice. The only other condition that need by met is is it necessary, and in those cases the chance of encountering members of the public vulnerable to Flu was high and therefore the vaccination justified. Now in regard to an airline that is a similar answer. As an airline employee are you likely to be in contact with people vulnerable to covid, the answer is almost certainly yes if you are customer service, flight attendant or flight crew as the latter also occupy a sealed space with such passengers for an entire flight duration. The only other option would be to deny travel to those with vulnerable conditions, which then really delves into discrimination as you then have to exclude a large part of the population such as diabetics, lung and heart conditions, old age etc...

OH and BTW, a company, and you and I can do whatever we want, mandate away, but then anything can be tested in court as to whether its acceptable. Most things have a predictable outcome. The question you have about whether covid mandates are legal is an opinion at present, as it has not been tested, and current rules allow it to be mandated until otherwise judged. The result vs the flu shot really is a similar precedence so it comes down to the same questions asked there. I can sack someone that doesn't want to get vaccinated, cause no one has said I can not, that's the simple stick of it right now.

Last edited by 43Inches; 17th Nov 2021 at 09:12.