PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2021, 08:39
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That passenger mandate is for International only. My apologies. But there is no domestic mandate as far as I am aware.

43Inches, all you have given me is an opinion. In fact you have stretched it even further and said that a company can mandate anything it likes.

Actually, I believe that companies can only make mandates that are lawful. For anything that treads close to the line, such as this, a company may have to prove a significant risk to or from unvaccinated employees.

If Qantas mandated all staff to tattoo a kangaroo on their face, would that be lawful? I would suggest not - I think they would lose that one in court.

As far, as far as I am aware, the COVID vaccine mandate of a private company is yet to be tested in court - particularly one that is not specifically “high risk” (how many times have they told us that aircraft cabins and flight decks are “low risk”) - how many COVID cases in this country have been contracted in an aircraft?

BHP may be the first to test it.

Here is a legal opinion that is not as black and white as some here seem to suggest: https://www.sparke.com.au/insights/t...-normal-world/