PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2021, 00:14
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
Not sure where people get that companies can not mandate things. Private companies set the rules for themselves, the only real law governing that is human rights and discrimination policy. Try to turn up to work at QANTAS out of uniform, try turning up to work at QANTAS day after day without washing or cleaning yourself, and many other things, that is why airlines have a 'policy and procedure' manual as thick as some anti vaxxers heads. These are all mandates/requirements for you to work there. I could run around all day fighting that I want to roll in dirt and wear my tracksuit to work because muh human rights. At the end of the day I can do that all I want at home but on QANTAS payrole I have to do what mommy wants and be happy, that's life. There is no discrimination here as vaccination is a choice and the rule applies equally to all regardless of anything else, there is no human rights violation because you are not being forced to vaccinated as it's a choice of whether you want to work there or not. SO all it comes down to is, QANTAS has set a rule, you have to follow it, the same way you dress up as pilots each day and brush your teeth and maintain hygiene as expected of the position.