PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 16th Nov 2021, 04:19
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Paragraph, I agree 100% - Xenophon is always one to grab an issue then grab the testicles of the government minister (figuratively) until he gets answers.

Hopefully, the voters that will elect Xenophon all have photo ID otherwise they might be disenfranchised, yet another disgustingly low, cynical and disgracefully amoral little move by this shower, they know they're on the nose so out comes a 'Trumpian' BS move - a solution in search of a problem (as I explained elsewhere, it's a solution to a different problem, low socio-economic voters who may not have ID and who have been treated like garbage by Morrison). We mustn't have them voting, no.

Reminds me of that scene in Yes Prime Minister where Hacker insists that public opinion is important, isn't this supposed to be a democracy, doesn't the public deciding represent what that's all about - Humphrey responds "But Prime Minister, this is a BRITISH democracy". "You know what happens if the RIGHT people don't get power??" "No, what??" "The WRONG people get it."

I don't care about politics and the party sides, but JCA I hope the LNP get thrown out - and yes, Xenophon would be perfect, I was just offering another head kicker to the list LOL
Folks,
Please check your facts, the proposed ID requirements to vote DO NOT require photo ID -- indeed they only require the broadest test, almost anything with your name on it --- and if you can't even do that, you "self declare" and the system will check up in arrears. Nobody will be denied a vote, on the day, by this legislation.

And I do know, from personal experience, that the old Labor adage: "Vote early and vote often" is not just a cute saying, any more than "getting out the graveyard vote".

And anybody who thinks a Labor Government, beholden to the Greens to get anything through, will be good for aviation, are you kidding?? Go read the Green's web site, or any of their Senators, than tell me aviation (especially GA) has ANY future under the Green's Climate Change hysteria.

Tootle pip!!