PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 15th Nov 2021, 23:41
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Another "witness" comes forward

Dear Mark of the Commonwealth Ombudsman s Office.

Several current and past CASA employees have offered to come forward to the Ombudsman’s Office and provide further information on my matter. I have extended this offer previously.

.Over coming days, I will introduce you to a number of these individuals. Today, I am introducing you to Mr XXXX. Mr XXXX previously operated at the very highest levels within CASA, and would be considered a Subject Matter Expert on my matter, and I have included him in this introductory email. His personal email address has been included as a recipient.

I will leave it to Mr XXXX to introduce himself. His credentials are impeccable. On my issue, Mr XXXX was the only CASA employee that I had confidence and trust in.

Unfortunately, Mr XXXX departed CASA due health reasons.

Many past industry colleagues have encouraged me to reach out to him over the last three years since this matter began. I chose not to because I knew that he was dealing with a health matter. I had met Mr XXX in a number of meetings and knew that if he was fit enough to work, he would be working.

An industry colleague advised me that he had returned to the workforce, I reached out to him after three years , and we established contact a few days ago.

He offered to tell the truth on this matter, and that is all I would expect of him. In fact, the truth is all I need. Therefore, I would encourage the Commonwealth Ombudsman’s Office to establish contact with Mr XXXX.

On establishing contact with Mr XXXX, I will leave it to him to introduce himself, but I will say that he has operated at the highest levels across several departments, including XXXX, XXXXX, and XXXX, I provide that information on my recall so he will have to clarify that experience.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley

Dear Peter White,

Thankyou for the opportunity to have a brief discussion on the phone the other day. I appreciate that you have not followed this matter over the last three years, but I am confident your recall will be accurate, and I note your comments that you have significant note taking to support any information that you provide.

Peter, I hope this comes out the right way. I am not calling on you as friend, because I haven’t earnt that position. I am however calling on you as the only CASA employee involved in this matter that I have an unwavering trust and confidence in. I know you will only tell the truth. That is exactly what I need. Nothing more, nothing less.

The ramifications of this have been significant. Several Businesses have closed, many millions of dollars have been lost by a number of dependant businesses, staff have been not received entitlements, suppliers have been left unpaid, local and international students had their training impacted, not to mention the potential for the industry, and particularly in regional areas.

On a personal level, I have lost everything, My wife and I have been left destitute, and I have been bankrupted. I have completely lost any ability to assure my wife’s welfare should either one of us stop working. My wife has had only four days free of work since October 2018, as she desperately tries to rebuild our lives. The impact on my own mental and physical health has been unacceptable.

Something went very very wrong.

Before the Senate, Mr Carmody made a number of clearly untrue allegations against me. He alleged that I had stalked and assaulted CASA employees which I absolutely refute and impacted significantly on me and my family. That is not pertinent to this particular matter. He did however go on to state that I was “unwilling and unable to produce contracts to CASAs satisfaction”. This may be an area that you will be able to address.

I am seeking your involvement to provide as much information as the Ombudsman’s Office requires to ensure that improvements are put into place within CASA to ensure that this can never happen again.

On behalf of my family and most especially my father. Thankyou sincerely,

Glen Buckley.