PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Times Attack on Transport Secretary
Old 15th Nov 2021, 19:30
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
The Sunday Times used to be the only paper I would buy, mainly because I enjoyed some of the regular features such as Rod Liddle and Jeremy Clarkson and they have a good TV guide. I nearly stopped taking it when Camilla Long wrote a critical piece on Prince William when he was employed on the air ambulance. She was calling him lazy because he only worked for 80 hours a month. She obviously hadn't bothered to check on any regulations limiting pilot hours or on what other tasks they might have. I finally stopped buying it when an article on Jordan Peterson by Decca Aitkenhead contained several lies which were exposed by the Petersons who had recorded the whole interview. Although they are probably no worse than other papers it seems worse because one expects higher standards from a what appears to be a legacy newspaper. The only time I see it now is when Mrs p goes to Waitrose on a Sunday, her free issue paper is the Times. I happened to see the one with the Schapps article and, although I am not one of his fans, I thought the article was disgraceful and it confirmed my decision not to ever pay for any newspaper.