PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus oldy now a 737 newby………help!
Old 15th Nov 2021, 17:03
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Denti
We had an auto callout of V1 on our 737s. It started at roughly V1 -3 kts so that it was finished by V1. Never heard that on the A320 though, is it available there as well?
Pretty much standard fit on late build 320/330, at least the ones I have flown. I suspect many operators dont pin the auto callout for various reasons. Fear of change is a big one!

Originally Posted by Uplinker
Doors with automatic girt bar engagement that does not require physically reaching down and clipping the girt bar in and out of brackets on the floor.
I must admit this is one of the more surprising things about the lack of progress made by Boeing when producing the 737.

Originally Posted by FlightDetent
This so-far unnamed operator sounds like a bunch of bright minds who might insist on blanking the VNAV button, dis-allowing the use of auto-throttle, requiring round dials on NG to mimic TOS., and brutalize the anabolic MAX into operation with no differences training
Mmmm, sounds like an accurate description of WN. No, we are not that bad but there is a definite distrust of automation and in several cases clearly the result of habits formed while operating older gen jets.

Originally Posted by Alt Flieger
Its really not that hard unless your brain has been completely fried by Airbus.

If you are really lucky you will have an NG with a HUD. Embrace it if you do. Best thing since sliced bread !
We have completed our sim portion and I must say in the final session or two, we really started to act like Boeing pilots. I was a little concerned that I would not be able to adapt to the different thinking and hand flying skills required to make the change however it turns out it was all still there.

Intellectually I frown at the 737, its sad that a few large operators have been so instrumental in holding Boeing back from employing technology they clearly have (787,777)

BUT, I am very happy that I have made the change and I cant wait to fly it.