PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Times Attack on Transport Secretary
Old 15th Nov 2021, 10:16
shed26

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Minister for Privates Jets?? Which red top apprentice reporters produced that tosh? What is evident is that the main purpose of the article was the wish of an unelected body (the Media) to continue its efforts to destabilise the government. I believe that they would do that regardless of who was in power whilst trotting out the usual mantra of seeking accountability. It does not take much reading to see the lack of basic understanding of the subject and to me this is why Shapps is not the real target, if he was I can't believe that the aircraft in the picture which was clearly suffering from a collapsed nose leg ( by no means unknown on retractables operated off unmade strips) was not featured heavily in the narrative (incompetent pilot blah blah blah etc).
For those of us who have spent a lifetime in and around all aspects of aviation and like to think that they have a reasonable understanding of the subject, it doest take much to see through the dross that the Holy than Thou produce. If you go to other currently contentious issues, you can only hope that people who understand the reality therein, are prepared to fight to keep the facts from being submerged in smoke screens and hysterics. As has been said by the grown ups, instead of hitting the soft targets on our doorstep maybe the protesters need to look further afield ?