PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mysterious A340 impounded at Bissau
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2021, 20:44
JanetFlight

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According new developments by Bissau and Portuguese authorities it seems no paperwork neither any kind of documents were find onboard the A340 C5-AST.
Not a single doc regarding neither the Owner nor the Operator.
So, my great doubt its as following...its seems our aircraft departed from Banjul, Gambia.
AFAIK, or i could be very wrong, wich i assume by now if its the case, it seems these last few years Gambia its no longer any kind of shadow or obscure aviation country in Africa like example of DRC, Somalia, South Sudan, Liberia, CAR, etc.
So how could it be possible the Banjul authorities allow such dep, such operation, such registration, etc, under their own nose?
And another mistery,,,,allow me if im wrong...if plane was bought in Kuwait, for sure the Kuwait aviation authorities should have known very well for whom they were selling the plane, or am i wrong?
Kuwait is a very trustful nation in aviation, as far as i can perceive, for many years...
So,,,all this story its so weird and suspicious,,,even in the pics i posted before at Bissau, the registration was almost un-painted....we are not talking about that small LET crashed in South Sudan with a fake Colombia reg...we are talking here about a giant 340 departing from Banjul, no longer a city engulfed in shrouds of obscurity...Cheers