PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - Aircraft Stalls as Skydivers Prepare to Jump
Old 14th Nov 2021, 12:19
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
You also have to be able to say “NO” , “what part of “NO” didn’t you understand”, and “Are you Freakin CRAZY, there is NO WAY I am going to do that”
"Cause after all, you are the pilot in command! You state how the airplane is to be loaded, and what the passengers may and may not do in flight. If passengers are doing something which results in exceeding operating limitations for the plane, it's up to you to have them stop. This very certainly includes load (size/number/weight), and loading from a C of G perspective. I flew jumpers for two seasons, but when I could no longer reach agreement as to my flying within the limitations of the plane, I no longer offered to fly. I was replaced with a fresh 300 CPL, who would do things their way. I found that jumpers, nice a people as they are, were much more interested in getting out at altitude, than anything to do which how they get there.

In my opinion, being a jumper pilot should require receiving prior decision making training.