PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 13th Nov 2021, 20:36
sirAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternative (partial) solution to 'more policing' ?

The issue of lack of enforcement of current rules in the UK has been highlighted in many posts.

The remedies mentioned have almost invariably related to better policing of these rules.

Might I suggest an alternative, which whilst certainly not covering all eventualities would, I believe, have the virtue of closing down major segments of this dangerous black market in air transport.

Emiliano Salas was being transferred between Nantes and Cardiff City, the latter then playing in the English Premier League (despite the obvious geographical anomoly.)

Why do the authorities (sic) in this case the CAA, though possibly including both the Air Charter Association and BALPA, not approach the Premiership to establish a code of practice which specifically outlaws the use of aircraft and pilots which are not on the official register by their players or club officials?

My knowledge of the air transport industry is next to non-existent but horse racing also appears at times to be heavily dependent on these cowboy operators, so why not approach them too?

Could the Premiership or the British Horse Racing Authority in current circumstances really fail to respond positively to such an approach?

I suggest not.

Last edited by sirAlex; 13th Nov 2021 at 22:38. Reason: Addition of 1 word; vital for coherence