PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to EK! maybe...
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2021, 17:26
desert witch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to some of the replies:

Happiness lies within, no argue there. Some of my happiest moments were in Dubai. But all of us try to pick the better option, don't we?
How is that an argument to pick EK over another choice?

I meant a heads up for the potentially new guys. A non exhaustive list either.
There are good things to EK and Dubai. To be fair, IMO Dubai has improved quite a lot.
Not getting any cheaper though.
But EK keeps removing or twisting any benefits, in the 'contract' or not. Latest being the company accomodation rules. That list would be reaaaaaally long.

And I go back to the issue that they are a big money losing company now, and that never eases things up. So no improvement in sight, if ever.

There is a company in the UAE that wants to make money, and makes money. That is Air Arabia.
Emirates does something different. It showcases Dubai to the world, with ugly Blue Airplanes, Ronaldo, Jennifer Aniston, sports teams and so on . It's main objective is not to make money. It never was.

The UAE has stood up lately in the OPEC to Saudi Arabia in some pretty important votes. A kind of 'power game' is developing between the two GCC countries. As a result, and also trying to diversify, Saudi is creating another monster airline. Emirates can not falter now, no matter how much money goes down the drain. This goes beyond airline interests. But the strategy could change. Anytime.

Hey! If you want to fly big planes all over, and live in Dubai, by all means.
I'm just saying everything is not gold.
Except in Burj Al Arab.

Cheers gents.
Best of luck deciding.

Last edited by desert witch; 13th Nov 2021 at 17:36.