PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Nov 2021, 07:40
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Correspondence to the office of the Deputy PM

13/11/21

Dear Ms. Taylor, (Aviation Adviser to Mr. Barnaby Joyce, Deputy PM and Minister responsible for CASA)

You will be aware that I allege CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International and Regulatory Affairs Mr Jonathan Aleck has deliberately provided untruthful information to the Ombudsman Office, with the intention of perverting the findings of the investigation. I fully appreciate the substantive nature of my allegation, but it is supported by an overwhelming body of evidence, some of which is attached.

Mr Aleck has clearly led the Ombudsman’s Office to be of the view that CASA did not become aware of my business structure until sometime just prior to October 2018. This is clearly not truthful, and Mr Aleck would have been aware at the time that he was providing untruthful information. The attached emails clearly indicate that the information he has provided is not truthful, and CASA were fully aware of the structure at least two and a half years proper to the date that Mr Aleck asserts.

Furthermore, a current and highly experienced CASA Flight Operations Inspector by the name of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX has offered to come forward and tell the truth on this matter. This gentleman is a current employee of many years’ service, and is highly respected within industry for his professionalism. He was involved in the initial meetings 2 ½ years prior and is prepared to simply tell the truth on this matter. For the sake of expediency, may I suggest that your Office establish contact with him directly to further support my claims of misleading information provided to the Ombudsman.

My reasonable expectation is that the office of the Deputy PM would promptly intervene on this matter and soon as soon as the Office becomes aware that Mr Aleck may have displayed misconduct during the course of his employment, and mislead the Ombudsman’s Office.

As you are aware, I have raised allegations of misfeasance in public Office before the Senate, and it concerns me that there appears to be no accountability within CASA, which has the potential to impact on aviation safety. I have now bought this to the attention of Mr Barnaby Joyce, and make myself available to discuss this matter further.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley