PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 12th Nov 2021, 14:46
Dog on Cat3

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with ShyTorque on this one (post 2329)...and happyjack (post 2330). Meanwhile, I note from the BBC's online news report: "Henderson was supposed to fly the plane, but was on holiday with his wife in Paris, so asked Mr Ibbotson to do the journey." If that is true, I am truly astounded as to the leniency of an 18month sentence, especially given - as has been pointed out above - Britain's overflowing jail system will almost certainly lead to jail time no longer than half that handed down, at most. And Henderson was a former RAF officer, according to the news trail? If that, too, is fact, now would be the time for a shaming 'distancing' statement from H.M.'s military regarding such crap practice...excuse my language, Your Majesty. At the end of all of this sad, sorry tale someone is going to need to inject some confidence that improvement has resulted. The courts just failed to deliver on that one, those involved will run a mile away, the enforcement authorities will drift back into nonchalance like before, former military bosses will fail to condemn one of their own, and the 'grey' fraternity will continue like nothing ever happened... "Sala, who?" The lamentable truth looks to me that only carbon monoxide caught us all out this once, and that precisely nothing will really change as a result. That, my friends, will likely be the ultimate outcome. I take no pleasure in stating as much.