PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Broken" MoD Procurement "wasting billions"
Old 12th Nov 2021, 07:18
rattman

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by melmothtw
Do Australia and the UK need helicopter commonality (genuine question)? Besides, it appears that the Australian Army at least is going all in with the MRH-90 as it phases out the UH-60.
I think commonality between the AUS and the UK should be encouraged if they genuinely trying to make AUKUS a real thing, if in combined operations being able to get parts from another country is a good thing. Its litterally the reason the RAN is trying to ditch their MRH-90, when out cruising the world the MRH-90 breaks down its hard to get part from other countries.

I been hearing the MRH -90 is on very soft sand, the RAN are wanting to give their 3 to the army. I dunno if the MRH-90 are still grounded in australia but I live very close to army base and only choppers I have heard since june are chinooks and the V-22's when the US were in town.

Both services have a level of commonality as it stands, apache, chinooks, boxers, wedgetails, type 29's and more commonality between the services should be encouraged