PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets go to EK! maybe...
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2021, 03:08
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't disagree with it - the part of the rant I can understand, that is. So the gripe starts off telling us that you will fly shiny jets all over the world, make lots of friends and be paid good wages - however that seems to be a bad thing. There is some stuff about the weather(really?), the fact that the company may or may not change course in the future and aeroplanes that might be difficult to fill,

Emirates is what it is, always has been. People have been moaning about the company since the beginning of time. They said it was a bad place during the good times and they somehow thought it was going to improve when Covid ripped things apart. My experience is that there are happy people here and unhappy people here. What camp you fall into depends on your perspective. If you look for all the bad, you will find it and have reason to be unhappy. If you look for the good you will find it and have reason to be happy. I have made the choice to be happy.

So lets sum this up - EK is a commercial, profit driven entity. If you come here, they will pay you well, they will work you like a dog making you fly shiny aeroplanes all over the world. It is a job and you are a contractor not living in your home country. If you screw up, they may well fire you. - or they might do it later when it suits them. You need to be realistic about what this job entails - be prepared to leave. If you think you are coming here for a permanent vacation in the sun, then this job is not for you. IF you can handle some of the realities, then there is a lot of good stuff to be happy about. I've always said happiness is where reality meets expectation. Keep your expectations grounded and you will be happy.

And, yeah, we fly over the North Pole.....that's the job. If you don't like it, then don't do it.