PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - School methods and landings
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2021, 00:30
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
Now done 33 odd hours of circuits and its still Carp with the same faults as I had 20 hours ago.
It is hard not to see this and become despondent about the state of flight training

Towards the end of my time as a full time instructor, I tended to get the "problem" students. Almost invariably the complaint was they could not land. Unfortunately all too often the problem was they couldn't fly period. This was almost invariably the result of the instructor rushing through the foundation air exercises, Attitudes and Movements, Straight and Level, Turns, and Climbs and Descents. The result was they could not accurately asses the flight path of the aircraft and make the appropriate corrections at any stage of the circuit but especially on final and the flare.

To the Original Poster. If you want advice then here it is: Insist that you get a senior instructor and go to the practice area and review the foundation exercises. Do not let any instructor take you to the circuit until you have mastered the basics.