PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2003, 03:24
4PON4PIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonkenna ..et al
Could not agree more. Lead Headline news on TV referred to "Drunken Captain" or maybe it was pilot, (not sure), either way it was the use of the word "drunken" which so incensed me. What imagery does that conjure up in the general populace? I would suggest that such imagery is so far from the truth in this circumstance.
The courts and his Company will decide if and what action is necessary in due course.
In the meantime is there not one person who will join me in turning his/her thoughts to **** and his family for having to undergo such a traumatic ordeal at this time of year. Innocent or not, please find some charity towards all concerned and examine your own consciences. (Couldn't the press find a more fitting foto of the guy? Even the Pope would look a guilty mobster in a US police mug-shot)
Rules for crew are far, far more stringent than for motorists but consider if you were one point above the legal limit having consumed 2 pints of bitter having stopped at your local on the way home, would you accept an accusation that you were drunk ... methinks not. Had there been a minute residue from a few drinks the previous evening (Not at the club on the way home!) to tip a scale, or maybe a mouthwash following p.m.rest and shower,....whatever, its imagery you see in the reporting!
Drunken? ... total bollix!
As others have posted, great sensastionalism when accused but el zippo when proven innocent.

Last edited by 4PON4PIN; 22nd Dec 2003 at 03:42.