PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inquest - Corporal Jonathan Bayliss RAF
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2021, 08:25
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Dear Bob Viking,

Thank you. ... If I may, I'll start from the bottom and begin with Kangaroo Courts.

Among these I would include the disgraceful and inexplicable overturning of the Mull Chinook SI by two RAF gentlemen, which resulted in the families of your colleagues being denied compo for many years - until a bit of public rambling on PPRuNe uncovered the deep rooted technical and institutional lies that had been supported by the state for so many years.

I would follow with the Kangaroo Crown Court at Lincoln, in which MBA were unjustifiably prosecuted by the HSE, where despite MBA, the Judge and the HSE being shown the exculpatory evidence, the court was happy to accept the technical lies and MBA's spineless and inexplicable guilty plea. The subject being principally the scissors shackle/gas shackle issue which put you and your colleagues at risk for many years.

Then I would look at the Sea King collision inquest where the coroner showed no interest in the truth and the MoD lied to the families about the case. Or the C-130 inquest where MoD security officials prevented an RAF officer entering the Coroners Court where he intended to give evidence of MoD lies about ESS. It took a brave coroner - there are some - to compete with the state on that one, and probably helped with the establishment of a cadre of 'specially trained' coroners to deal with active service deaths overseas, probably encouraged by MoD who hoped to prevent more unseemly verdicts publicly blaming MoD for their secret shortcomings relating to service deaths.

Madam Acting Senior Coroner's Caernarfon predecessor, in post for fifty years, is on record as having told some PPRuNe ramblers he was not able to take account of their real evidence because they were not 'interested parties.' It was he who should have held a local inquest into a service death in Scotland, where, as I am sure you will know, it was discovered that service personnel are not considered to be employees, thus doing them out of certain rights.

One hopes Madam Coroner may have felt able to consider certain rambling information that has been submitted to her and to her predecessors, or even that she may surreptitiously read those ramblings on PPRuNe after lights out.

I hope that her about face on Article 2 will have some beneficial result for Jon Bayliss' family and for future service deaths, but I worry that it is more likely to result in her not being confirmed in post, pour encourager les autres à suivre la ligne.

So what am I after ? Relevant to the current thread, I would like to know if the Hawk (RAFAT) Risk Register still exists. If so, why was it not mentioned in the SI ? If it doesn't, what has replaced it ? As I tried to explain, there are several very relevant issues which were glossed over or plain ignored by the XX204 Board, that would not be known about without access to the (historic) Risk Register. Someone will surely know the answer.

I would also like the MoD and the State to stop trying to conceal the truth about the next few service fatalities, or even to take preventative action. I gather from your posts that you are an experienced Hawk and service pilot yourself. It might be your mates or mine next, and (who knows ?) a bit of rambling on PPRuNe might just tip the balance.

You're right - the entire subject is a tough and highly technical read. Many readers (but not boards of inquiry, coroners, barristers or interested parties who want to know the truth) might be forgiven for dozing off after the first page. Finding the truth is always complicated but fortunately, it is now well helped by modern communications, when all sorts of previously concealed evidence can pop up to confound those who would conceal. Learning the truth would be particularly unpalatable when the enemy turns out to be the state that employs you to protect it.

I'm sorry my posts seem not well structured and hard to understand - and long winded again. I didn't have the benefit of the Short Service Writing Course. There are several well written good books by an author named David Hill. I can't remember if you previously said you'd read any of his stuff, or that you couldn't be bothered to do so. I'm sure you know where to find them.

Yours sincerely, LFH.

PS. I'm not sure I do 'pure and honourable' but I appreciate your thinking I might