PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong to Further Tighten Quarantine Requirements.
Old 11th Nov 2021, 07:03
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Main Dog, which airline in Europe offers comparable pay?

I did the math, ASL would result in 30% of what I earn now, plus the pleasure of 20 days on.

Aerologic ( 777F) same shambolic pay, albeit with slightly better roster. Expect to fly +100 hrs block(!). They still do layover in HK, I see them sitting in the mid terminal all the time. If their test is positive its Penny Bay for them as well.

Not trying to defend our employer, not all, but where are these offers you mentioned?

PS I own my place in HK, and even with school fees and higher groceries the shortfall in income is so massive, it really doesn't matter how much I save on a pint of milk.

Look, I am actually considering to just accept lower pay, HK is over for me, I just want to get out. But what I cannot accept is a roster with 20 days on, standby at a place I don't live, 3 men 16 hour days or low cost rosters from hell with 0500 am sign on and 5 sector days. Let's not paint the situation rosier at it is, there is nowhere to hide right now.

If you disagree: please name the airline you are talking of. Stop beating around the bush: where? Lets talk numbers!

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 11th Nov 2021 at 07:31.