PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA - ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2021, 14:20
NaFenn

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Francis8642
1. What is the "relevant flight training" which is being referred to?
Would the hours obtained (1500+) during commercial flying be relevant?
Or would the relevant training undertaken during command upgrade cover this requirement?
I believe the flight training has to be completed by a Part 142 organisation and meet the requirements of the CASA Syllabus as part of an actual course. Airlines who have part 142 approval usually do this inhouse. Unfortunately commercial experience does not count for the training under the new requirements. I believe that Flight Options in QLD is one of the schools that offers the training and flight test privately - I'm not aware of any other schools that currently have the approval.
2. Which examiner would conduct an ATPL flight test? No information on this is provided by CASA.
Flight Examiners are no longer "CASA Officers" like they used to be, so there is no longer a list of them available online as it is another rating on your licence, like the flight instructor rating or instrument rating. The school that you go through would provide a testing officer for you.
3. Would the "Minimum aeronautical experience" include the 1500+ hours with specific hour requirements for PIC, NIGHT, cross country, etc.
Yes, there are specific requirements - see the link below

Probably worth mentioning that the ATPL test has to be conducted in flight or an approved sim in a multi engine turboprop, multi crew with the candidate as PIC.

You'll find more information such as the hour requirements here: https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-pag...-pilot-licence