PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Pilot held on Drink allegations
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2003, 22:53
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>He wasn't reinstated because he wasn't sacked!

He resigned.....big dfference.<<

Well, if he suddenly decided that he didn't want to fly for BA any more I guess he certainly had that right. I am still a little puzzled that he would quit to demonstrate that the accusations were totally false. Sounds a little like an urban legend to me...

>>would be good if the test came back negative, would the press look silly, but bet they wouldn't say so, and what of virgin ? bad press - yes, but if he was innocent would they continue his employment ?
Does anyone know if BA offered the oslo crew their jobs back ? - false accusations are costing people their careers'<<

I agree, if the accusations were false, you would think that the union, if it is really a union, would get the jobs back with full back pay and seniority. I've seen it happen several times over the years in the U.S. In some of the U.S. cases the allegations were likely true but the paperwork was mishandled and the cases were overturned in arbitration on technical issues. But as has been explained here, I guess BALPA is to ALPA as Bollywood is to Hollywood.

Last edited by Airbubba; 21st Dec 2003 at 23:13.