PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 8th Nov 2021, 00:10
pilotcpb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The overwhelming majority of foreigners flying as airline pilots in the USA did not come in on these visas. They came in because they had dual citizenship through a parent, had a US spouse, or came as students when they were young and did all their higher education and pilot licensing in the USA. The airlines worth working for in the USA are not short of pilots to the degree of needing to start sponsoring significant amounts of pilots to immigrate to the USA.

Just another thing to keep in mind, I speak from the perspective as a “world citizen” whose wife is a foreign national, I’ve worked in several airlines in the USA and the Middle East, now at a major US airline. Be sure living in the USA is really going to be right for you, after having hardly been in the USA for around a decade, it’s really changed and not for the better. I find working with all these former military pilots to be hardly bearable, I constantly get abused by crazy conspiracy theories about Trump or the virus being fake and lambasted about not having been in the US military. Living and working here is like being trapped in some kind of twisted reality tv program.