PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Nov 2021, 10:28
AerialPerspective

Received 77 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
I agree with both Leady and Aerial 100%. Fawcett is a very intelligent politician, and Patrick is no dunce. But because they’ve already got a lot of skin in the game I thought that a (possibly) returning Xenophon might be keen to grab a headline or two and use a case like Glens to stir up some action. Either way, it would be nice if some politician, any politician, could take the time to examine Glens case and become his champion for justice. It is palpable that anagency staffed by public servants, which ultimately is accountable to a government minister, could treat an Australian citizen so disgracefully. It’s something one would expect from a dictatorship. Oh, hang on a minute…..
Paragraph, I agree 100% - Xenophon is always one to grab an issue then grab the testicles of the government minister (figuratively) until he gets answers.

Hopefully, the voters that will elect Xenophon all have photo ID otherwise they might be disenfranchised, yet another disgustingly low, cynical and disgracefully amoral little move by this shower, they know they're on the nose so out comes a 'Trumpian' BS move - a solution in search of a problem (as I explained elsewhere, it's a solution to a different problem, low socio-economic voters who may not have ID and who have been treated like garbage by Morrison). We mustn't have them voting, no.

Reminds me of that scene in Yes Prime Minister where Hacker insists that public opinion is important, isn't this supposed to be a democracy, doesn't the public deciding represent what that's all about - Humphrey responds "But Prime Minister, this is a BRITISH democracy". "You know what happens if the RIGHT people don't get power??" "No, what??" "The WRONG people get it."

I don't care about politics and the party sides, but JCA I hope the LNP get thrown out - and yes, Xenophon would be perfect, I was just offering another head kicker to the list LOL