PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2021, 08:07
Ladloy

Received 126 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Precise areas and numbers, please.
Albury - 737 active cases and 9 deaths Since early October from Murrumbidgee health district

- Going by this the cases would equate to 69278 active and 846 deaths in Sydney. In the space of 5 weeks. That's ONLY half of the twin city. From all reports from friends who live there in the medical field, the only hospital in Albury is full and unfit for covid patients. They have been moved to the cancer ward because it's the only place with up to date positive pressure facilities. Sydney and Melbourne won't take the patients either.

Southern health is south coast, Yass and Queanbeyan, reporting 424 cases since June, no report on deaths as I expect some are added to ACT numbers. Equivalent of 8500 sydney cases.

I'm not arguing for lockdowns or border closures, I'm just showing the facts that are hidden in the 'declining' numbers. It's all sunshine and rainbows in Sydney currently but some regional areas are hurting by decisions made 8 hours away. Per capita, regional areas are struggling and are more awash with covid than Sydney ever was.