PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 6th Nov 2021, 22:46
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Glen, if you haven’t already, get in touch with Nick Xenophon’s office. At the very least, he is amicable, smart and understands law. He also has political experience. Plus he understands how the Senate works and he has grilled CASA previously during estimates and inquiries. He knows the machinations of our esteemed aviation regulator. If he does make a return to politics, it will be as an Independent. The two of you might just have something in common that could be beneficial to both of you. Make the call…
Or Senator Rick Patrick. He seems to make a point of challenging the current government on every dodgy act they engage in.

I agree with Lead Balloon though, this shower in Canberra think nothing of leaking private text messages from national leaders and heads of state in a pathetic attempt to get this excuse of a PM out of a 'loss of face' - I've never seen such a pathetic individual in the position of PM in my life, even Billy McMahon would be better.

In order to get traction in this, I feel you need to find a way of wedging these bastards - with an election coming up they need to be frightened sh-tless about bad publicity, but the timing has to be right, as if they react badly and lose the election, as is likely, the impetus may be lost except for perhaps a new government wanting to address outstanding matters while making it obvious under which administration it occurred and how that administration ignored the matter.......