PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine failure video
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2021, 16:50
Heston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LOMCEVAK
Heston, I think that many reading some of the comments on this thread will learn something, even if the points are not totally relevant to this incident. Let's consider this incident as a trigger for debate.

I have been a witness at an inquest after the front seat pilot died in an attempted forced landing following an engine failure; the instructor lived. There were some witnesses who said that the accident was caused by not formulating a single plan early and sticking to it rather than assessing the situation continuously and adjusting accordingly. I said that I felt strongly that a continuous re-appraisal was the best way to operate but that is a personal opinion, albeit one that has worked for me so far. .
Yes. Good points.
What I meant about the plan and sticking to it was that if it's clearly going to work and as you continue to fly it and appraise it it is still going to work, then you stick with it. What you don't do half way through is think. " I can see now that I should have done something else that might have been better, so I'll change my plan."
Sticking to your original plan even when you can see it's not going to work is not what I meant. You need to change plan. But now you've lost time and have fewer options...
KISS works