PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corendon 737 several pax unconscious
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2021, 09:52
lederhosen

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post such an authoritative reply Old King Coal. If I was interviewing you would definitely get the job! The point you make as a highly experienced 737 captain is that there is not automatically a right answer to the interview question, which I hasten to add does not necessarily describe the scenario with the Corendon flight. But the media outrage that they did not land straight away seems a bit premature given the lack of hard facts so far.

I would add that with 180 passengers packed in like sardines, wearing face masks and quite probably with a pretty warm cabin (the 737 temperature management in the cabin is not it’s greatest feature) there are a number of factors which might contribute to people feeling faint as well as it being the lowest point in most people’s circadian rhythm. The young woman sitting in the confined space of the rear toilet and getting up rapidly then losing consciousness could also be explained by fairly normal physiological processes.