PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 5th Nov 2021, 07:17
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
Dear Mr Buckley

I refer to your email of 3 November 2021 addressed to the Chair of the CASA Board, Mark Binskin AC and CASA’s Chief Executive Officer and Director of Aviation Safety (CEO/DAS), Pip Spence PSM. I have been asked to respond on their behalf.

At the outset, Mr Binskin and Ms Spence thank you for your congratulatory wishes, and both confirm their commitment to ensuring CASA performs its important regulatory and safety-related functions in a way that is supportive of the general aviation community.

The particular point of your email concerns a recording you say demonstrates that CASA has misled the Commonwealth Ombudsman in his investigation of your complaints about CASA. The Chair and the CEO/DAS consider it more appropriate that you provide that recording directly to the Ombudsman, on the basis that it is the Ombudsman who will be in the best position to consider its bearing on his office’s investigation of your complaints.

Should you also wish to share the recording or a summary of its content with the Chair and the CEO/DAS that would be a matter for you.

Yours sincerely

Colin McLachlan
Colin McLachlan| Board Secretary

I would not waste my time or effort with the Ombudsman.

CAsA lawyers can request a copy from your lawyer.