PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM Gotcha!
Thread: NOTAM Gotcha!
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2021, 09:36
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Hamley
With respect; Pilots are required by law to check NOTAMs. If someone doesn’t know that they shouldn’t hold a licence. Likewise if they dont know how to check NOTAMs.
These days you can retrieve NOTAMs via NAIPS smartphone app in literally seconds. If you are out of range you should understand your responsibility and find a landline etc
There is always all this talk of ‘kids these days’ but the guy who broke his aeroplane on a closed runway didn’t check the NOTAMs.
And yes NOTAMs are presented with the most important at the top. In my recent experience it is very very easy to check important operational info via NOTAM.
Maybe these old blokes are too busy taking ‘selfies’ or chatting on ‘Instagram’ or posting on ‘the Facebook’ and they forget to check NOTAMs lol
What a load of cr@p. You remind me of the infamous cadet who proclaimed, "In my experience, experience counts for little."

The last major trip I did I downloaded the airports, a selection of alternates and FIR notams. 135 pages.....and that was a normal 10 font. I found some highly relevant, safety critical stuff buried on page 73.