PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 4th Nov 2021, 00:06
alfaman

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonzarno
That’s quite right, but my earlier posts weren’t about his motivations, but about whether the fact that he was being paid for an illegal flight IN AND OF ITSELF made that flight more dangerous than if he - the same pilot in the same aircraft - was not being paid for that specific flight.
Ok, I appreciate we're in the world of "what ifs..?" - but I'm not clear on how the payment aspect can exist in isolation, without being motivational; & so without increasing the commercial pressure, & therefore the risk? For example, if the previously mentioned pilot were to fly his friend for no reward on the first, then fly the grey charter on the second, without being aware he was going to be paid until he was presented with a brown envelope at destination, why would he be there - what other reason could there be? Surely the payment is part of the motivation for the second flight, in the same way the friendship is part of the motivation for the first .The risk of killing a friend may lead to a more cautious approach to risk for the first, whilst the motivation of losing a fee & letting a paying customer down, with no repeat business forthcoming for the second, may increase the risk for the second? I don't understand how the pay aspect can ever exist in a vacuum?