PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do-eezy flying
Thread: Do-eezy flying
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2021, 14:20
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
The startup, taxi, takeoff, transition, approach and landing. We saw an acceleration, a speed reduction, a climb and some turns.
If you watch this video, and are willing to believe what you see (which is entirely up to you), they clearly have the ability to pickup into a hover, depart from a hover, and invert that same process.

It is most instructive to watch all of the videos they have posted on Youtube. They have several years into this, have flown a fully autonomous Mosquito helicopter, and are now quite brilliantly moving into what is the world's most popular, and soon to be numerous, helicopter type.

I don't doubt they have all those capabilities. None of them require any sort of new technology. They could (and probably did) put this system together out of catalog parts. The only thing new would be the user interface and perhaps some control law software.

The most interesting part of the Jon Hamm video is the blurred out second iPad. It make me wonder what sort of proprietary info might be displayed there. But that is just me with my "curious engineer" hat on. I don't think they are trying to put anything over on anyone by blurring that screen.

Helisas is only 2 axis for Robbies according to the link - only 3 axis for Bell 505.
That is correct. It is also irrelevant to the discussion.

To do what they claim - ie fly a helicopter with 3 fingers from take off to landing, you need a 4 -axis autopilot.
Of course they do. And they must have one by definition. If you believe all of their videos then clearly they have installed such a system. Certainly it is in an uncertified/experimental state at this time.