PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOTAM Gotcha!
Thread: NOTAM Gotcha!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2021, 23:30
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 182 Likes on 75 Posts
It's in the MOS old boy.
As is the section (3) I quoted you
"the height of the obstacle in relation to the aerodrome elevation".
How should it be stated in the NOTAM then? I guess if pilot scientists don't know what the Aerodrome Elevation actually refers to ("ERSA shows the AD ARP as 474' AMSL"), it makes it a moot point to state any figure. We'll just say minus 2 and you can puzzle over it.
You're obviously emotionally - perhaps financially? - attached to this stuff, because you're trying to justify patent nonsense.
No, I've just had some experience in working out and publishing NOTAM like this. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. It's in the MOS old boy.
Seriously: What do you think the pilot of an aircraft actually does about the content of the likes of the YNAR NOTAM I quoted, in the real world? Seriously.
Nothing. Their eyes probably glaze over. But that doesn't mean the Aerodrome Operator is exempt from issuing it. AD operators aren't excluded from the CASA BS either. It's all just arse covering at the end of the day.