PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2021, 21:30
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by RAFEngO74to09
Chinese H-6 bomber (updated Badger design mostly only 20+ years old) with a hypersonic "carrier killer" missile now:

The Unusual Carrier Killer Capability Of The Chinese Navy’s Strategic Bomber - Naval News
I thought that the Chinese were claiming that their ballistic missiles could hit a carrier or any other type of ship? Are they less than confident in this claim? Bombers with missiles - in the Cold War the American response was to build large carriers with the F-14 Tomcat to protect maritime logistics. This is not the only example of the Chinese PLA(N) and there state sponsored media playing to a gallery of Westerners full of cynicism and doubt about Western technologies and capabilities, yet accepting everything at face value everything non Western media, all state controlled, claims.

For example there seems to be a belief that submarines are undetectable and cannot be countered.

Is it me or does it sound like that Daily Express article was written with a crayon? What is 'sonar radar' for instance? It also failed to explain the way the frigates use towed array sonar to cue to dipping sonar equipped helicopters. A significant area of sea can be sanitised this way, but you need multiple helicopters which makes ASW a carrier role.

Sorry for the delay in posting but I only saw the video yesterday, and I do not read the Express.