PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 31st Oct 2021, 08:02
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Coroner’s Inquest is scheduled for February 2022. I hope that various CAA employees are required to attend where M’Learned Friends, with aviation experience can ask salient questions as the regulations & enforcement. Others need to explain their involvement although I suspect unlike a Public Inquiry the Inquest will confine itself more narrowly.

The second Fatal Accident Inquiry in Scotland I attended, as a witness, concerned a solo student pilot killed. High speed exit out of cloud near Sanqhar, Dumfriesshire.
It would be fair to say the CAA employee as a witness (regulatory rôle) wasn’t exactly looking forward to the witness stand. Verdict: Accidental death, but that didn’t prevent the family pursuing a civil claim at the High Court Edinburgh. The whole experience taught me that you must justify every single step you take when involved in aviation, or for that matter any other activity in life.