PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 30th Oct 2021, 17:25
simmple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started off my flying career with a PPL, just for pleasure as I was told at school I was too stupid to be a pilot.
After many years of doing it for fun and when I had the hours, hating the job I was in a decided to try to be a pilot.
I thought I was a good, knowledgeable pilot.
I did the BCPL course thinking they were right wot they told me in school, what a step up from PPL stuff!
After that I did the instructor course, same thing, realised I knew nowt even after doing the CPL exams. Learning to pass an exam and having the knowledge to teach it, world apart.
Many hours later of instructing, time for the multi IR. By this time I thought I could fly an airplane. What a shock, the toughest thing I ever did in aviation, it sure “perfected” your handling, situation awareness and planning etc . And so it should.
Getting a job and doing the type ratings were relatively ok after that, well not the getting a job!
A PPL holder doing a grey charter is no way trained and rarely capable of handling what can be thrown at them.
I missed my instructor training, just, when it could be done on a PPL, I was wound up I had to spend my money getting the BCPL first. Looking back it was a change for the good. Now it seems PPL holders can teach etc, backwards step? Same with all this Wingly thing, PPLs advertising charters!