PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 30th Oct 2021, 16:59
Yellow Sun

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
Expand the legislation so that those who organise/participate/carried on “grey charters” have committed an offence.
Some might say that this is harsh, but adequate protocols need to be established so that such activity simply evaporates away.
Parkfell,

whilst I fully understand your sentiments I would caution to be very careful what you wish for. It would appear on first sight that Sala would have committed an offence under the regime you propose. Is that what you would have intended? There are forums on the internet where lawyers and those interested in legal matters hang out, you may wish to ask for views on what you have in mind. Then there’s the Secret Barrister’s blog, it does give an insight into why the law so often appears inadequate and how difficult it can be to fix it; his books aren’t bad either whether or not you agree with his politics.

I am afraid that the only answer is for the industry to “grass up” offenders and then be prepared to give evidence against them if the case comes to court..That can be quite difficult.

YS