PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Pig and pussy hunt' - take your helicopter
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:21
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who have lived in the NT like WLM and myself, know only too well the massive ecological impact these introduced species have on the native wildlife and fauna. Both of us have trudged around with the scientists and seen first had the erosion from the buffallo, pig and the destruction caused by the cat.

Shooting ferals is a service to the continent. Blow the lot of them away as far as I am concerned and do the same to the rabbits and opposums.....eh Timo!! Roll on those lazy sunday avos again....

It is not cruel or vicious- but instead an environmental service. Every 22 slug I have buried in the head of a rabbit, possum and cat has been an investment for the future enjoyment of national parks and wildlife for my children. If I could've caught them and used a club to save ammo that would've been even better.

If you are a European or North American, you will probably never understand completely. The odd Canadian knows the issues as they deal with the Moose in eastern canada.

As for the driving......well what do you expect when you put northern hemisphere drivers on the wrong side of the road?